How To Outsource App Development Without Any Failure
Are you an entrepreneur or an SME or big enterprise owner? Are you looking forward to developing a mobile app?
If the answer to these questions is Yes, then outsourcing your project could be one of the most essential ways to reduce development cost, speed up development process, get access to top-notch talents, etc.
Moreover, some of the leading companies across the globe have previously outsourced their primary or secondary application development. This includes Slack, Skype, Alibaba, Google, WhatsApp, etc.
Now let’s have a look at the latest outsource app development statistics:
- As per Statista, the global IT Outsourcing revenue was US$359,832.3m in 2021, and it will grow at a CAGR of 8.80% between (2021-2026) and reach US$551,965.3n in 2026.
- According to TimeDoctor, large organizations with more than 50 employees (66%) like to outsource their work compared to smaller businesses with less than 50 employees (29%).
Based on the above statistics, we can say that application development outsourcing is highly beneficial from startups to enterprises.
In this blog, we will explain in detail how to outsource app development.
Before that, let’s look at different ways of outsourcing an app project.
What are options available for mobile app outsourcing?
Basically, there are two options available for mobile app outsourcing:
- Outsource to Freelancer
- Outsource to an app development agency
For developing an app, you will require a team of app designer, app developers, project managers, backend developer, frontend developer, quality analyst, etc.
Hence, it can’t be completed with a single freelancer; therefore, we recommend you to hire an app development agency to outsource your mobile application.
8 Steps to Outsource App Development Without any Hassle
1. Know your requirements
Before you start the development of the mobile app, you should be clear about two things:
What real-world problem are you solving and what is the end-goal of making your app?
By knowing & defining, these things in advance, makes the process of finding outsource app developers efficient.
On the other hand, if you are unclear about the project aim and requirements, it results in an incomplete or faulty application.
To know in detail about your project requirements & goals, you can consider the following questions.
- Who is your potential audience?
- What is the main aim of building the app?
- What are the essential features and functionalities of your app?
- What is the unique selling proposition of your app?
- Do you want to build a native or hybrid app? To know more about Native & Hybrid Apps, check out the detailed comparison on Native vs Hybrid App Development.
- What is the best monetization model for the app?
Have an app idea?
Our team will brainstorm your idea and draft a requirement document for you.
2. How to Find App Development Agencies?
Now, you need to hire outsource app development agencies who have all the skills necessary for your mobile application project.
Here, the most essential question that might be daunting in your mind is, Where to find an app development agency?
5 ways to find a reliable outsource app development agency are given below:
1. Google Search: By doing a simple google search, you will discover a wide number of outsourcing agencies.
2. B2B Directories: There are a lot of B2B directories available on the web, where you can find outsourcing development companies based on different criteria. Some of the leading names include Clutch, GoodFirms, etc.
Also, you should check the company’s ratings, reviews, previous projects, etc. on the B2B websites to hire a perfect agency. For your reference, look at the example given below:
3. Design Networks: You can find app design agency on leading design platforms like Dribble & Behance.
4. Portals: You can also discover various outsource app development agencies presenting their knowledge on portals. If you like any of the agencies sharing information on these portals, you can contact them.
5. Freelance Networks: Discover & reach out to popular outsourcing agencies on the freelance networks like Upwork, Guru, Freelancer, etc.
3. How to shortlist and finalize an agency?
By following the points given in the step above, you will be able to list a wide number of outsource app development companies from all around the globe initially. Reaching out to all of them will require a lot of time & effort.
Therefore, we suggest you to consider some essential aspects given below to narrow down your list & finalize the best agency:
Portfolio: For this, you need to check the portfolio of the development company. From this you will get an idea about which kind of project they have completed previously.
Tech Stack: Verify if the outsourcing app development company has experience in technologies that you need for project development.
Industry: Now, you need to check whether the outsource team has experience building apps in your field. If they don’t have one, you should check whether they have experience building similar kinds of mobile apps in another industry.
Client References: You can reach out to outsourcing company’s previous clients to check what kind of work they are doing and their experience with them.
4. Manual Verification
After finalizing the agency, you should carry out a manual verification and check all the previous projects they have completed. By doing this, you will get to know about the work of an outsourcing agency in detail.
5. Sign an NDA
Before sharing your project details with the outsource app development agency, sign an NDA so that your project details remain confidential.
6. Schedule a Meeting
Now, you have to schedule a meeting with the outsource app development agency and present them your project idea and they will brainstorm on how to make your app feature-rich & effective.
Moreover, they will present you with the different types of service models they can follow to build your mobile application.
7. Select the Service Model
Now, you have to select the service model that aligns well with your estimated project timeline and budget.
8. Sign in Contract
Here you should sign a contract with the company only if you think they understand your project’s requirements and future goals well. In case you think that they don’t possess enough knowledge and skills, then it’s time to find another outsourcing agency and contact them.
Guru TechnoLabs is one such outsource app development company that fulfills all the points that we have mentioned above. They have been providing outsourcing app development services to clients for the last 9+ years. Moreover, they have hired the best team of designers and developers.