Shopify Apps – Everything You Need To Know
What is the Shopify App?
Shopify apps are an integral part of the Shopify platform that allows you to offer better services to your online customers at the same time improve the process of your online retail store and do a host of other functions. There are innumerable Shopify apps available online that allows you to do different function with your online retail site. Some of these are free to use and some are paid versions. If you are looking for an eCommerce app that will provide a unique solution for your business problem, then we suggest that you look for Shopify app developers to build a custom made Shopify app for your business.
What are the pros and cons of using Shopify apps?
Shopify apps are very powerful tools that can help your e-commerce website to not only gain more traffic but also improve your business process significantly. Shopify apps are used widely to provide specialised services to the customers as well as build brand of a company in the market. Like any other tool, Shopify apps also have some advantages and disadvantages. It is important that you understand how these apps can promote your business and what are their limitations before you invest in Shopify app development. Here we will like to give you some pros and cons associated with Shopify apps to help you make up your mind whether they are worth investing or you want to go for custom eCommerce app development.
- Shopify apps are excellent to access information regarding an e-commerce site.
- It can do everything that an owner can do on the admin panel.
- Shopify apps can be designed in such a way that they store the information of any purchases made through them along with complete analytics of the entire sale process. This will go a long way in focusing on the right people andsend a personalised advertisement (it also includes email marketing) to improve the sales figure of the company.
- Shopify apps can be designed to perform single or multiple tasks through your smartphone. These apps provide fantastic user experience to the clients and allow them to either browse different products/services of a company, buy goods/services and also read reviews.
- The Shopify app development provides e-commerce companies with a wide range of advertisement options that can be targeted to a specific customer base for higher conversion results.
- Shopify app developers can also integrate the apps with social media to not only improve the brand image of a company, but also provide the customers with an easy way to share their experience in the social media. This not only gives other customers an idea about what kind of product or services your company sells, but also helps your company get free advertisement online (word of mouth).
- One of the most important advantages of Shopify apps is that they can be easily customised which gives Shopify app developers the flexibility to offer a highly personalised solution to the online customers. This, in turn, improves the user experience of the app users, which increases brand loyalty tremendously.
- Shopify apps are also scalable (to a limited extent). This allows you to add different features if and when your company did sides to use them in their website to either improve the selling experience or for some other back-end purposes.
Develop Your Shopify App With Guru Technolabs – #1 Shopify Development Company
- The Shopify app code will not run on client-server.
- If you have a company that is likely to grow tremendously in the future, then we suggest that you look at native apps for your e-commerce website instead of Shopify apps. The reason being, Shopify apps cannot be scaled up by huge margins, which you can do with the native apps.
- Shopify app developers face the problem of optimising their SEO strategy due to the URL structure of the Shopify platform with its subdirectories is not right for improving SEO.
- Multilingual functionality is not standard across Shopify apps. Some Shopify apps have a limited multi-language feature which is very expensive.
- When you are using Shopify apps, then you have to use the Shopify payment option.In the event you use the third party payment option like the PayPal, then you have to pay an extra transaction fee on top of the payment processor fees which makes it expensive for the customers.
Things To Look For While Hiring Shopify App Developers?
There are a large number of companies that make Shopify apps for a retail shop. If you are planning to build a Shopify app for your company and are looking for app developers, then the huge range of options available. Therefore, you need to figure out what are those things that make a great Shopify app developer.
- The first thing you need to look for is their past work details. It is important that you check out what kind of apps they have developed for other clients in the past. This will give you an idea of whether they have the expertise to build a custom made Shopify app for your company.
- You can also look through the website of the Shopify app developer to find out about their past client. Then you can contact a few of them to find out what was their experience of working with the app developer.
- Ask the Shopify app developer whether he can make apps both for android as well as iPhone platforms.
- Try to find from the app developers how the app is going to be built? will it help your company to make more money through online business.
- What kind of unique features the app developer can integrate into the app that will give your company more options and features to attract clients online.
- What will be the cost of developing the app and whether they charge extra for maintenance of the app? You should then compare it with prices quoted by other Shopify app developers to see whether it is comparable with them.
- When will the company completes the Shopify app development process, and hosted online?
- What are the payment terms?
These are some of the important features that you should look for and ask the Shopify app developer before you hire them to build a custom designed Shopify app for your business.
As to give you an idea of what a Shopify app can do for your company, we have produced a list of some of the most popular Shopify apps that are available in the market.
Best Shopify Apps
It helps you to find products available in the marketplace. And when the product is located, this app will automatically ship it to your address.
It will give the retail shop owner a chance to automate their email marketing campaign.
This app will help you to print invoices, receipts levels in bulk at high speed.
It will help you to add a product review feature in your Shopify retail store that will give you an idea of the user experience of your e-retail store.
This app will integrate your Shopify store with the Google Merchant Centre so that you can keep your listing up-to-date.
This will give you an idea of whether there are any performance issues related to your Shopify store that can affect its SEO.
This will help you to sell your products and services directly on the Facebook pages.
Social media stream
It allows you to showcase your post from Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and other social media platform on a single page.