Hospital Apps: 11 Best Mobile Apps for Doctors and Patients
The healthcare industry has gone through a vast number of changes in the last decade. Similarly, health mobile apps have completely transformed the scenario for the people involved in the healthcare industry, such as doctors, patients, hospital staff, etc.
Various doctors and patients rely on mobile health apps to resolve their small or big health problems.
Let’s view the latest statistics about the healthcare industry:
- As per iqvia, there are more than 318,000 mHealth apps present in the market.
- Based on the healthworks collective, around 93% of doctors utilize mobile health apps to improve the quality of patient health.
Considering the above statistics and demand for healthcare mobile apps, many hospitals, clinics, and other startups have joined the industry by launching a mobile app for healthcare.
Here, in this blog, we will walk you through the list of some of the best hospital mobile apps available in the market.
General Hospital Apps for Doctors & Patients
The list of some of the popular hospital mobile apps used by doctors and patients is as follows:
|Sr. No||Application Name|
|2.||Cleveland Clinic Express Care|
|4.||MyNM by Northwestern Medicine|
These hospital mobile apps have gained a lot of popularity because they have first understood the requirements of their patients, hospital staff, and every person linked with the organization.
All the hospitals or clinics that haven’t yet entered the digital market, have an excellent opportunity to reach a wider audience through mobile health apps.
How Much Does it Cost to Build a Hospital App?
Get estimated cost to develop an app for your Hospital. Our experts will provide you a free quote.
You can take inspiration from some of the popular hospital mobile apps given below.
1. Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is ranked as one of the leading hospital mobile apps for patients in the United States, as per the U.S. News & World Report. People who are traveling get medical treatment just like their home.
A user can find vital information about researched-based answers related to diseases, symptoms, and health processes. Moreover, a user can schedule appointments with specialists.
Source: Mayo Clinic
Key Features of Mayo Clinic
- It offers daily health news and practical tips from the best doctors, dieticians, fitness experts, etc.
- A user can look at our appointment itinerary.
- Pay various medical bills from the app.
- Obtain Express Care Online in about an hour for general diseases.
- View all of your test results instantly.
2. Cleveland Clinic Express Care
Cleveland Clinic is basically a non-profit American academic medical center situated in Cleveland, Ohio. It is ranked as one of the best hospitals in the United States.
The organization has created a hospital mobile app that allows patients to connect with doctors 24*7 from anyplace and anytime. The healthcare service provider gives the diagnosis, treatment, and medication as per the patient’s input.
Source: Cleveland Clinic
Key Features of Cleveland Clinic
- It is possible to get treatment of all ages starting from 2.
- Get quick treatment for common ailments like cough, cold, sinus infections, allergies, rash, and pink.
- The app provides virtual follow-up visits to select patients.
- All of the patient’s visits remain secure and confidential.
Do You Want To Develop a Hospital App Similar to Cleveland Clinic?
MyMethodist app is developed by Houston Methodist, one of the leading hospitals in Houston, Texas.
The app has integrated board-certified healthcare providers on its app. All the users of the app can connect with the providers 24*7 for their non-emergency needs.
Key Features of MyMethodist
- A user can book a virtual appointment or in-person appointment at any location present in the app. Also, users can check various details about the doctor.
- MyMethodist has integrated MyChart into the app; hence, users can access their medical health records.
- Anyone can find the nearest hospital near you with emergency care and get accurate directions for all the locations.
4. MyNM by Northwestern Medicine
Northwestern Medicine is earlier known as Northwestern Memorial Healthcare. It is a non-profit healthcare organization affiliated with Northwestern University.
They have created a medical mobile app known as MyNM. It allows patients to carry out various things like view medical records, schedule an appointment, contact the care team, find a doctor, etc. In short, the hospital mobile health application provides various features to its patients & visitors.
Northwestern medicine understands the importance of finding the right doctor, and that’s why the hospital has added profiles of more than 4000 physicians along with their location, specialty, availability, rating, etc.
Source: MyNM by Northwestern Medicine
Key Features of MyNM by Northwestern Medicine
- Patients can access the health information and lab results from the app.
- MyNM app has integrated MyChart; hence patients would be able to manage their health all in one place, such as to request a prescription, message their physician, view statements, etc.
- It enables users to view various statements and pay bills. Also, patients can request prescription refills.
- Instantly find various doctors virtually. Moreover, one can locate nearby Northwestern Medicine locations.
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center is a non-profit hospital and multispecialty health center situated in Los Angeles. It was founded back in 1902.
The medical center has created a hospital mobile app known as Cedars-Sinai. It is considered one of the leading hospital mobile apps for doctors working in the hospital. This app is also a one-stop destination for a patient’s medical needs. The hospital is ranked 8th by U.S. News and World News.
Key Features of Cedars-Sinai
- The app allows patients to find a doctor by applying various filters, such as specialty, location, and search by name. Also, a patient can book an appointment with the doctor.
- Cedars-Sinai app offers directions to the nearest cedars-Sinai urgent care, hospital, or office so that users can reach there without much hustle.
- A patient can do various things from the application, such as check test results, health summary, track health, etc.
Now, below listed are medical mobile apps widely used by doctors to improve their knowledge in the medical field and provide better treatment to their patients. Hence, we have included them in the hospital mobile apps.
It is one of the most well-known online destinations for physicians and healthcare professionals across the globe. The app provides the most recent medical news and expert commentary on a particular doctor’s specialty, drug & disease information, etc.
It now provides support for multi specialties like Allergy, Cardiology, Dermatology, Hematology/ Oncology, and Neurology.
Key Features of Medscape
- Medscape offers doctors a feature known as the medical consult feature using which doctors can get inputs from various trusted doctors with different experiences.
- The app has various extra features such as medical calculators, drug interaction checker, pill identifier, drug information, etc.
- Healthcare professionals can remain updated with recent FDA approvals, conference news, clinical trial data, etc.
Epocrates is one of the leading point-of-care apps for doctors. It is owned by Watertown, Massachusetts-based athenahealth, which offers clinical reference information on drugs, diseases, diagnostics, and patient management.
It also has a plus version known as epocrates+ that offers extra features known as alternative medicine monographs, peer-reviewed disease content, etc.
Key Features of Epocrates
- It offers a pill identifier organized based on the shape, color, imprint code, and more.
- The app also consists of a drug interaction checker to stop harmful interactions.
- Epocrates offers details about 600+ dosing calculators, medical equations, and tools.
- It also has a drug coverage of 6,600+ U.S. insurance plans and a customizable home screen.
Figure1 is the world’s largest community of medical minds working together to enhance patient outcomes. It is also one of the most popular medical mobile apps for doctors.
Using this app, physicians can identify the conditions of patients, share them with other experts, and obtain feedback.
Key Features of Figure1
- The application consists of a community that consists of medical experts from over 185 specialists.
- Doctors can share complicated cases with the community, communicate with them from any place, and detach any identifying information to follow HIPAA standards.
- The app allows healthcare professionals to remain updated with the medicine and provide better patient diagnosis & treatment.
MDCalc is a well-known medical reference mobile app for physicians, nurse practitioners, pharmacists, medical students, etc.
MDCalc was initially a free online medical reference website founded back in 2005. Since then, it has remained the top medical reference for recent, up-to-date, and most-used clinical calculators that assist in evidence-based patient care.
Key Features of MDCalc
- The app offers 550+ clinical-decision-support tools, along with medical calculators, scoring systems, and algorithms.
- The app offers doctors the option to earn a type of credit by only reading the clinical content for 150+ calculators. Later, doctors can redeem rewards for receipts and certificates.
- The MDCalc medicine calculator offers unique features, such as filters to discover calculators, auto-sync between the website & app, quick toggle between US and SI units.
- It gives error warnings and normal values to stay away from mistakes and improper inputs.
Doximity is one of the popular mobile health apps for doctors. It is being used by more than 1 million doctors across different hospitals.
It offers various tools for healthcare professionals to increase their work efficiency and provide better services to patients.
Key Features of Doximity
- Doctors can access various telemedicine tools.
- The app allows healthcare professionals to do a voice call, video call, or leave a simple voicemail.
- Doctors can also get free CME credit for reading blogs, and then in rewards, they can send HIPAA to secure faxes anywhere.
- Physicians can reconnect their earlier medical school classmates, co-residents, co-fellows, and colleagues.
- Patients can find clinicians depending on their specialty, location, and clinical interests.
PEPID is a famous medical application that gives evidence-based clinical and drug information resources to doctors. The app is used by doctors in over 150+ nations and offers access to 3000 disease profiles and clinical conditions.
All the content for the application is added considering the need of healthcare professionals in the industry. The app provides hundreds of reference videos for clinical processes and physical examinations. Using this app, doctors can also get notifications about different details like new research, drug approvals, and black box warnings.
Key Features of PEPID
- The app has a quick search capability with auto-completion.
- It consists of an effective pill identification tool and a drug database.
- Healthcare professionals can access the CME credits at any point of care.
- Physicians can access many things, such as medical calculators, illustrations, dosing calculators, pill identification, drug interactions checker, drug allergy checker, etc.
- It allows doctors to access their favorites, notes, and history.
If you are wondering Whether to build a hospital mobile app or not, then be with us till the end.
Because we will provide you with some of the most important reasons why developing a hospital mobile app would be beneficial:
- Patients would be able to make an appointment booking conveniently.
- A hospital mobile app will allow doctors to refer to patients’ files with better efficiency.
- Patients can access all of their reports through a hospital mobile app at their desired place & time.
- Optimize the entire payment system for both patients and doctors.
- A hospital can provide a vast number of services to patients and doctors with the help of a hospital mobile app.
- Patients can also have an option of automatic scheduling with the help of a hospital mobile app.
- Smartphones are a handy device, and most people love to access services through smartphones; hence, you can reach a greater audience by developing a hospital mobile app.
Considering the above benefits, if you are also planning to launch a healthcare mobile app for your hospital, you need a thorough idea.
However, coming up with the trending ideas of building a hospital mobile app is not that easy. For the same, you can also read this blog on healthcare app ideas.
Now you must have gone through the general hospital apps for doctors and patients and understood the main reasons to build a hospital mobile app.
Depending on the technological advancements, various small and big hospitals plan to join the bandwagon and take advantage of this opportunity.
If you don’t want to miss this opportunity of taking your hospital services online, then instantly share your hospital idea with us.
GuruTechnolabs is a leading healthcare app development company. We can deliver you the best hospital mobile health app as per the latest privacy and security standards.