10 Best Frameworks for Web Applications To Use in 2022
In the last decade, numerous frameworks have been introduced in the market. These frameworks have enhanced the development of websites, web apps, mobile apps, software, etc.
Web frameworks are mainly software frameworks specially built to assist in developing web applications, web APIs, websites, and web resources.
In a nutshell, web frameworks are libraries adopted by many developers across the globe for building feature-rich and innovative web applications.
Moreover, a web application is a combination of front-end and back-end. Therefore, here we will dive deep into front-end as well as back-end frameworks.
Due to the wide range of web app frameworks in the market, you might not be able to decide the most suitable one for your web application development project.
Hence, we have compiled the list of the 10 best web app frameworks and their key features based on the latest StackOverflow survey.
Best Web App Development Frameworks
Below are the most popular and best web application frameworks to use for web development projects.
Developers worldwide rely on these top web application frameworks for creating innovative & user-friendly web applications. Some web app frameworks can be used for the client-side, while the others can be for the server-side. Let us look at the best frameworks for web development in detail:
Want to create a scalable solution that takes your business to new heights? Guru TechnoLabs has helped various businesses by delivering best-in-class web app development solutions for a long time.
React.js gained a lot of attraction from businesses and brands because it is the first framework to adopt component-based architecture. Also, it offers a simple and effective interface for developing any web application.
Also, developers can utilize the abstraction layer and vibrant tools available in React.js to build rich internet applications.
Key Features of React.js
- React supports one-way data binding, which offers improvised control during the entire application.
- It consists of Virtual DOM, in which if any changes occur in the web app, then the whole UI is rendered again in the DOM representation.
- Its component-based approach allows code reusability.
When to Choose React.js?
Go with React.js when you have to modify data on a massive web application without loading the whole app again.
Who uses React.js?
The library is feature-rich and enables you to look after HTML document traversal and manipulation.
Besides this, it allows you to do many tasks like event handling, CSS animation, Ajax calls, etc. It is one of the best web dev frameworks for building interactive web pages.
Key Features of jQuery
- HTML manipulation makes it simple for you to choose DOM elements, transverse, or modify their content.
- CSS Manipulation allows you to manipulate style for HTML elements.
- It provides Ajax support. Hence, you can create fully-functional responsive websites with the help of Ajax technology.
When to use jQuery?
If you want to develop web applications that run well on various browsers, then choose jQuery.
When you want to create AJAX-based applications, go with jQuery.
Who is using jQuery?
- Bank of America
Express.js is one of the modern web application frameworks that gained a lot of traction after the success of Node.js. The latest version of Express.js is 4.17.1, released in 2019.
It is a highly-flexible and minimal framework that offers all the required features for creating web apps and dynamic websites.
This open-source web development framework comprises a wide range of unique tools. Hence, you can get various solutions by including a few lines of code. Lastly, it is an essential component of the Mean Software Bundle.
Key Features of Express.js
- It has built-in HTTP utility methods and middleware; hence building a solid API is simple.
- You can use MVC architecture with a few tweaks.
- It offers some primary functionalities without asynchronous Node.js and utilizes the high-end performance of asynchronous Node.js.
When to use Express.js?
If you want to create secure web applications and related services quickly, then Express.js is a good option.
Moreover, you can develop RESTful APIs quickly using Express.js.
Who uses Express.js?
Angular is mainly a TypeScript-based open-source web application framework. It was introduced by Google and a community of developers. It is referred to as one of the best web application frameworks in the market.
Google initially introduced Angular.js in 2010. Further, the company rewrote the entire framework from scratch and released its new version with Angular 2 in 2016.
After this, various versions of the framework were released. The latest stable version of Angular is 12.2.8, released on September 30, 2021. The framework is best for building dynamic and high-performance web applications.
Features of Angular
- It is cross-platform. Hence, you can create web, mobile web, native mobile and native desktop applications using Angular.
- Detailed documentation helps to move ahead with development effectively.
- Angular offers high-level productivity because of simple yet effective template syntax, command-line tools, and other editors and web development IDEs.
- It supports two-way data-binding that allows real-time synchronization between model and view layers in the app’s architecture.
When to Choose Angular?
Angular is efficient and offers excellent performance. It is suitable for developing enterprise-level progressive web apps. Angular development is also suitable for building cross-platform and native apps.
Who uses Angular?
- Google Translate
Over the years, the framework has gained a lot of traction from startups & enterprises due to its flexible architecture(MVVM pattern).
It is a progressive framework. Therefore, if you possess a current project, you can integrate Vue.js as a part of the project. Also, your project will operate without any issues.
You can develop robust front-end apps using Vue.js component-based architecture and the Vue ecosystem. Despite the framework not being supported by tech giants, its popularity is increasing every year.
Key Features of Vue.js
- Vue.js is extremely light-in-weight; therefore, it offers top-notch performance.
- It consists of in-built libraries for integrating transition effects. Moreover, you can utilize third-party libraries to integrate new animations and enhance user-interface.
- It supports data-binding. It allows you to manage or allocate values to HTML elements, update style, assign classes using a binding directive v-blind present with Vue.js.
- Its computed properties feature enables you to look after the updates done with the UI elements and carry out essential logic; hence, there is no need for more coding.
When to Choose Vue.js?
It is the best-suited web framework for developing PWA (progressive web apps) or single-page web apps.
Who uses Vue.js?
Choose Guru TechnoLabs for Web App Development
- Free Consultation
- Strict NDA
- 10+ Years of Experience
- 700+ Projects Delivered
- 500+ Happy Clients
- Agile Development Process
6. ASP.NET Core
ASP.NET Core is one of the most popular web development frameworks in the market, offered by Microsoft. It is an open-source version of ASP.NET.
The first version of the framework was released in 2016. With each new update, the framework is adding necessary features. Thus, it helps developers to build robust web and cloud-based applications. The recent version of this web app framework is v6.0.0, released on November 8, 2021.
Developers can utilize various components, APIs, and compilers for building applications.
Key Features of ASP.NET Core
- Using this web app framework, you can build ASP.NET apps and deploy them on Windows, Linux, or Mac.
- It is one of the best web app frameworks in which MVC and Web API development models are merged together. Hence, it simplifies the development to a great extent.
- It has an inbuilt dependency injection.
- It offers a cloud-ready environment-based configuration.
- The framework has a massive community of developers worldwide.
- Razor pages make it comfortable for developers to develop server-side apps efficiently.
- It supports various development tools, such as Visual Studio Code, .NET Code Profiler, JetBrains Rider, and more.
When to Choose ASP.NET Core?
If you want to develop an app that runs well on different operating systems, go with this web app framework.
Who uses ASP.NET Core?
- Alibaba Travels
Flask is one of the most popular web application frameworks written in Python. It runs a web server rather than a user’s browser.
Being labeled as a microframework, it does not need any specific tools & libraries. Moreover, it does not have a database abstraction layer, form validation, and other components.
Even without all of these things, developers can build highly efficient web applications. How?
The developers can use different extensions to integrate various libraries and plugins into web applications. Besides this, it has a built-in development server and a quick debugger.
Key Features of Flask
- It consists of a WerkZeug toolkit that developers can use to create WSGI-compatible web applications & Jinja2 for building templates.
- It provides comprehensive documentation. Hence, developers can get started with the Flask framework easily.
- It is lightweight and does not have more abstraction layers. Therefore, it is best suited for building an MVP.
- With the help of an inbuilt development server, you can run Python code inside the browser.
- The RESTful extension allows you to create REST APIs quickly.
- It is adaptable with Google App Engine.
- It has built-in support for unit testing.
When to Choose Flask?
It is suitable to develop scalable applications because it can process many requests without any hindrance.
Want to enhance the responsiveness of your web app? Flask is an excellent framework as it offers many HTML attributes, templates, etc.
If you plan to integrate new & unique features in your web app, then go with this framework.
Who uses Flask?
ASP.NET is an open-source and cross-platform web application framework offered by Microsoft. You can develop modern websites, web applications, and services by utilizing C# and .NET. The framework is well-known for its speed, productivity, and power. The recent stable version of this web framework is 4.8, released in 2019.
The framework allows bi-directional communication between the server and the client at the same time.
Key Features of ASP.NET
- Developers can use different containers, such as Docker, Microsoft Azure, or Kubernetes, for creating web applications. After this, developers can deploy these apps on Mac OS, Linux, or Windows.
- It is language-independent. Hence, you can use language they know to create dynamic web applications.
- It supports classic authentication protocols. Thus, you can build secure web apps that don’t get affected by cross-site scripting (XSS) and cross-site request forgery (CSRF).
- The framework has a large community of active developers on StackOverflow, ASP.NET forums, etc.
- It provides a feature known as ACTION FILTERS. These filters allow you to look after error handling, authorization, caching, or any custom logic you plan to integrate.
- It offers various essential tools like Visual Studio Gallery, NuGet, ReSharper, etc., to enhance the development.
When to Choose ASP.NET
If you want to extend functionality in an existing web app, then this framework is the best choice.
It is the most suitable framework for building robust and scalable websites and web applications.
Who uses ASP.NET?
Django is a Python-based web application framework, and it is feasible for developing rich web APIs and intuitive design of web applications. The latest stable version of Django is 3.2.7, released in September 2021.
It allows you to create highly scalable, reliable, and extensive web applications with less code. Moreover, it is also known as the Model-View-Template framework.
It offers essential techniques and tools by which developers can develop highly-secure web applications or integrate security features in the framework on its own, such as restricting code execution in the template layer.
Key Features of Django
- It offers highly-scalability, regardless of the type of web application.
- Django offers better documentation than any other web framework in the market.
- It comes with essential libraries and modules suitable for developing different types of web applications.
- It is backed up by a massive community of developers worldwide.
When to Choose Django?
Django is a highly-structured framework for building web apps that require a robust back-end.
Moreover, it works well for any web app that has to deal with high traffic. You can opt for Django for building versatile CMS, social media sites, etc.
Who uses Django?
Spring is one of the most popular web application frameworks well-known for building enterprise-based Java applications. Developers can build the back-end of their web applications in Java using Spring.
Over the years, the framework has been updated a lot as per the market trends. The latest stable version of Spring is 5.3.8, released in June 2021.
It is a Model-View-Controller framework. Many developers can use this framework for building simple, robust, quick, and adaptable Java Systems and applications.
Moreover, it handles various low-level tasks for huge web applications, such as dependency injection, database interactions, and transaction management; however, it also spins code using Aspect-Oriented Programming.
Key Features of Spring
- It is a lightweight framework in terms of its size and complexity. Due to this, it helps to decrease the complexity of in-app code. Also, it doesn’t consist of massive binary dependencies.
- The container assists not only in design but also in handling the lifecycle and configuration of various applications.
- JDBC (Java database connectivity) layer offers an exception hierarchy. It helps to handle bugs in web applications without much hindrance.
- In the case of transaction management, it provides a general abstraction layer. It is not associated with any of the J2EE environments and is best for containerless environments.
When to Choose Spring?
In the case of building enterprise-level scalable apps, Spring Framework is good. Besides this, it is suitable for creating many types of applications such as standalone applications, standalone GUI applications, web applications, and applets.
Who uses Spring?
Wrapping it Up
Choosing the web application framework can speed up your development tasks and help your business gain new heights.
However, the main question is, which web application framework should you choose? Here, you should consider all the options listed above and then select the one that suits project requirements and your end goal.
We are a leading web application development company having years of experience in developing innovative web applications. You are most welcome to share your web app project requirements with us, and we are happy to help you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1. Which web framework is fastest?
It is hard to measure the speed of web frameworks because each web framework is fast in one or the other thing. Moreover, the speed of the web application framework doesn’t matter much when it comes to development.
Q 2. How do I choose a web application framework?
Before choosing any web application framework, you need to consider a lot of factors. These include license, architecture, hosting requirements, ease of installation, and more.
Q 3. What is the most loved web framework?
According to the latest StackOverflow survey, React is the most loved web app framework in the industry.
Q 4. Why are frameworks important?
The primary purpose of modern web frameworks is to make website and web application development quick and efficient. They provide various tools, resources, and a huge community to make client-side and server-side development smooth. Moreover, startups to leading enterprises worldwide use the most popular web development frameworks.