How to Turn Shopify Store into Mobile App?
The eCommerce industry is growing at a rapid rate. The shopping habits of people change with the invention of the latest devices. Therefore, it has become essential for stores to adapt to these eCommerce trends and grow their business.
Over the years, having a website for your retail store was enough. But now the scene is different. Various marketplaces & eCommerce stores have been launched. Also, they have a mobile app for the Shopify store.
If you want to compete with marketplaces & other eCommerce stores, you need to have a mobile app. Besides this, you need to provide a better experience to customers via the app and generate revenue.
If you have a Shopify store and are planning to turn your Shopify store into an app, you are at the right place.
Here, we will explain different ways to turn Shopify store into a mobile app. But before that, we will discuss reasons to convert Shopify store to mobile app.
So, let us start.
Why Build a Mobile App for Your Shopify Store?
Initially, it was enough to have a Shopify store for the business. But now, the revenue through the Shopify store is not enough.
On the contrary, turning your Shopify store into a mobile app can help you increase sales up to 2x.
You may have a question, How?
People worldwide now rely on mobile apps to check various things and shop from them. Based on a report, mobile app shopping usage increased up to 30% in 2021 than the previous year.
Besides this, you can get various benefits when you turn Shopify store to app.
- Provide highly interactive UI/UX.
- Increase customer retention by offering personalization through push notifications, running local campaigns, and more.
- It is one of the most effective marketing tools for your business.
- Offering excellent support to the users via multiple communication channels.
- It helps your business to establish itself as a brand.
Does Your Shopify Store Really Need an App?
Are you still wondering whether an app would benefit your store or not? Share your project needs with us & we will guide you.
After understanding the crucial reasons for converting Shopify to app, we will look at the different ways to turn Shopify store into mobile app.
3 Ways to Turn Shopify Store into a Mobile App
Here we will go through three ways of converting the Shopify store into a mobile app.
1. Use Third-Party Plugins to Turn Shopify Store into Mobile App
The Shopify store consists of a wide range of plugins. These plugins are either built by individuals or a group of the development team.
Advantages of Third-Party Plugins
- Plugins are inexpensive: If you have a low budget but desire to reach a broader audience, plugins are a suitable option. You are required to pay a monthly subscription for the plugin.
- Smooth & efficient development: In case you have limited time, plugins are best. You can create a plugin in just a day. Further, you need to invest some time in launching it.
- Native App Development: With the Shopify plugin, you can create a native app for Android or iOS. Therefore, it can easily access the hardware components and offers excellent performance.
- No need to hire specialists: You don’t need to hire developers. The team that has made the plugin provides complete support. Here, you need to choose the features and a suitable subscription plan.
Disadvantages of Third-Party Plugins
- No technical support: Several plugins offer support for any technical issue for a specific time. However, you need to pay to get service after that.
- App is owned by plugin owners: If you build a mobile app using a plugin, you don’t have control over the same. Till the plugin owners provide support, your app will run. Thus, you are not the owner of the app.
After going through the pros and cons of plugins, let’s look at the popular plugins that help you create a mobile app.
It is one of the best Shopify plugins to turn your Shopify store into an app. Vajro provides a drag-and-drop builder to create a customized native app for Android or iOS. More than 2000+ brands have trusted Vajro to grow their business.
Vajro provides a wide range of well-designed themes, interfaces, and widgets to provide a personalized experience to users. Using this plugin, you can make the shopping experience for customers simple.
Pricing: Starts from $99 per month
MageNative is a well-known app builder that helps you to build an excellent mobile application. Using this plugin, you can create and customize your app without any coding skills. The plugin allows you to synchronize your products, collections, and inventory in real-time.
Using MageNative, you can offer personalization via push notifications, incentives, etc., to increase loyalty. In addition, you can run strategic campaigns to provide an enhanced user experience and increase engagement and retention.
Pricing: Starts at $49 per month
It allows you to build top-notch native apps for Android & iOS with zero coding. Moreover, it has been trusted by more than 4000+ brands across the world.
PhobalApps provides 100+ features to customize your mobile app. It enables you to engage customers by implementing push notifications. It also allows you to track the performance of your app and conduct modifications as required.
Pricing: Starts from $99 per month
2. Using SaaS Platform
It is another method to convert your store into a mobile app. SaaS is referred to as software as a service. The platform is a cloud-based service that you can access through a browser on your mobile or desktop.
To build a mobile app using SaaS, you need to purchase a suitable subscription. You will get many things in the form of ready-made modules. You can develop secure and high-performing apps using these modules.
Advantages of SaaS Platform
- No-coding needed: You don’t need any coding skills. The SaaS platform offers various modules and layouts that you can use to build a mobile app.
- Reduced cost: The builder is owned & maintained by the SaaS team. You only have to purchase a subscription, and you are good to go. Therefore, this reduces cost.
- Scalability: The SaaS platforms are highly scalable. Besides adding standard eCommerce features, the platform gives you the freedom to expand it by adding new features as per the need.
- Easy to maintain: The team behind the SaaS platform looks after all the support & maintenance-related tasks.
Disadvantages of SaaS Platform
- Less customization: It offers limited customization options.
- Data security issues: When you purchase a SaaS platform, they store your data on a server. However, there is no guarantee of how secure your data remains on the server.
- No app ownership: You are not the owner of the app. All the information you have entered is yours, but the software belongs to the provider. Also, you do not have an option to transfer your app to another SaaS platform.
After going through the pros and cons of the SaaS platform, let us check out some popular SaaS platforms useful to create a mobile app.
It is a cloud-based no-code development builder that enables you to create Android & iOS apps for your store without any installation.
The app builder allows you to integrate various essential features, such as multiple payments, order management, managing inventory, etc. Appy Pie enables you to track sales and the behavior of the users on your online store.
It allows you to make HTML5-based applications for free. It also offers various other plans.
Pricing: Starts from $36 per month.
It is a well-known low-code app development platform that enables you to develop web apps, hybrid apps, and progressive web apps smoothly. Appery.io allows you to create apps that work across various devices and operating systems.
It offers a drag-and-drop functionality to create an effective mobile app quickly. It gives the opportunity to developers to have an option to use Angular and Ionic with visual tools to speed up the development process. It allows you to integrate any backend if you have one for your application.
Pricing: It starts from $25 per month
It is another popular no-code development platform that allows you to design and develop user-friendly mobile apps. The platform has a drag-and-drop builder with over 550+ integrations that help you to build native Android and iOS apps.
Zoho Creator is trusted by more than 1300+ brands worldwide. More than 7 million apps are developed using Zoho Creator, and it has 6 million users.
The platform offers ready-made themes, analytics, etc., to speed up the development process. In a nutshell, the SaaS platform enables you to build simple to complex apps.
Pricing: Starts from $25 per month
3. Create a Mobile App from Scratch
When you choose to create a mobile app from scratch, it is referred to as custom mobile app development. You need to hire a custom mobile app development company. They will understand the needs of your business well and then develop the most relevant mobile app.
Advantages of Building App from Scratch
Here are some excellent benefits of building a mobile app from scratch.
- Complete customization: When you choose to develop an app from scratch, you have full customization. You can add or remove features, plugins, etc., according to the requirements of the business & current trends.
- Unique design: In the case of custom development, you can create a mobile app design as per the latest trends in your industry.
- Improved security: With custom development, you have the complete authority to integrate the best security as per your business requirements.
- High scalability: Anytime you create a mobile app from scratch, it offers best-in-class scalability. You can scale your mobile app horizontally or vertically.
- Entire ownership: You own all the things like images, videos, content, etc., used in the mobile app.
- Customer communication: With custom development, you can improve communication with customers. You can integrate different mediums like email, chat, etc., to communicate with the customers.
Disadvantages of Building App from Scratch
Cost & time: While developing a mobile app from scratch, you need to invest more time compared to the SaaS and plugins. Moreover, the cost to build an app from scratch is more as you would be utilizing the best resources. However, creating an app from scratch helps you in the long run.
Want to Know Cost of Turning Shopify Store into an App?
Let us know the requirements and goals of your Shopify store. Our experts
will provide the best quote to turn the Shopify store into a mobile app.
Which is the most suitable approach to turning a Shopify store into an app?
We have checked the three main ways to turn Shopify store into mobile app.
Now, you might have a question, when do you choose what?
Here, we will explain when to choose what for your Shopify store.
If you have a small budget and want to create a mobile app, you can go with a plugin. You are not the owner of the app you build using a plugin. You have to pay a monthly fee to access the plugin. Besides this, you get limited technical support.
Choose SaaS Platform
If you have a medium budget and want to create a robust mobile app, you can choose to use a SaaS platform.
In the case of the SaaS platform, you are not the sole owner of the app you build. You also don’t have an option to migrate your store from one platform to another.
If we talk about customization, you have limited options. To add any new features to your mobile app, you need to wait for the developer to release it.
Lastly, you get limited technical support. To get any additional help, you need to pay extra money.
Choose Custom App Development
It is the most suitable method to turn Shopify a store into a mobile app. With this approach, you have the complete freedom to create the best app according to your requirements.
Moreover, you can scale it as per your needs anytime. The main thing is that it requires sufficient time and cost to develop a mobile app from scratch. However, it is worth it.
We hope you have liked our comprehensive guide on how to turn Shopify store into an app. A mobile app will help you reach out to your customers in a more personalized way, thereby improving engagement and customer satisfaction.
If you have a low budget & do not have plans to upgrade your store in the future, go with the third-party plugin or SaaS platform.
If you want to provide an exceptional experience to users and have plans to upgrade your store, go with custom app development.
If you still have doubts about converting the Shopify store into app, then don’t hesitate to contact us.
Guru TechnoLabs is a professional mobile app development company. We have developed several best mobile apps for clients worldwide. Thus, we can understand your business needs and provide you with the most suitable solution.