- Oct -
- 04 -
Tourism App Development
Digitalization has touched the travel and tourism sector as well. The Travel and Tourism have grown by leaps and bounds in the past few decades. This increase has been brought about by various factors of which the most important is digitization. Digitization has brought about a whole new level to the travel experience.
This is not just for the purpose of traveling for holidays but also for business travel. It has become much easier with the use of the various travels and booking apps that allows the user to prepare everything much before he/she arrives at the destination. This ease of traveling has to a great extent enhanced the inflow of tourists and travelers. According to a survey conducted by eMarketer, travel apps were listed among the top 10 most downloaded apps across the world.
People now tend to visit more places and hence the requirement of the applications has also increased comparatively. The market for tourism apps is growing with every passing year with the introduction of new trends and features. They are built by applying the latest IOT technology and GPS devices to give the best experience to the users. These apps have made traveling much more carefree and safer than it was ever before.
In case you are looking into the possibility of developing a tourism app then you need to explore the field and check the various features that make these apps user friendly. Let us look at some of the most common features that a tourism or travel app offers.
Details of the locales
Most travel apps offer details of the tourist locations which include a detailed write-up about the vicinity along with detailsof the weather, people, tourist attractions and the best time to visit. Numerous photos of the landscapes, market and monuments and the people are made available. This feature actually helps the user to decide on his/her plans to visit the location and choose the best season. Hence it is a good idea to have a good store of images to showcase the location.
Once the destination has been decided the user can use the booking feature to go about booking his/her travel tickets and accommodation at the location. The user gets to select his/her mode of transport be it flight, buses, trains or other passenger vehicles. You can now book your tickets online in the app and make the payments as well in it. This feature also allows you to book your accommodation from a list of the hotels, resorts, and homestays. So that you can easily book it as per your budget and the size of your travel company. Moreover, it is cent percent safe.
This feature uses the IoT technology and GPS tracker to keep a track on the location of bus or train allowing the users to know exactly how far they are from their destination. This feature is also helpful in keeping track of the traffic to check how long it will be before it reaches the pickup point. Moreover, live tracking is particularly helpful for parents to keep a track on the vehicle if their children who are traveling.
Carrying cash while traveling may not be always a good idea considering the exchange hassle and of course possibility of theft or losing the luggage or wallet. The additional feature facilitating payments digitally allows for an easy mode of transaction and ensures a safe travel. The user can shop with the digital pay feature and make payments for reservations of hotels and travels online.
This is a new trend that is catching on which allows the user to share plans of travel with another user with similar travel interest. This not only provides the traveler with a travel buddy but also allows for the travel cost to be shared making it a much economic way to travel. This feature can also connect the traveler with the local users of the app so that they can have an enhanced experience of the visit. This feature also allows the user to connect with friends and view suggestions from other users.
There is great potential for the travel app industry to grow further and generate revenue. To be able to develop a good travel app a detailed research must be done. More concentration needs to be given on what features that you want to add to the travel app and some points that you can keep in mind while considering the development of a travel app.
Let us take a tour on the below key pointers which is needed for consideration.
- Best way to understand the requirements is by using a travel app yourself and finding out what are the additional features which if added would have enhanced your experience.
- It is not just enough to build an app. You will need to make its presence felt online as well so that more users can be attracted, and the app is downloaded. Advertising is a key aspect of introducing a new app in the market. By making sure that there is a good online presence you can provide shortcuts to the clients for making travel plans.
- Most apps have the feature to check what are the fields of searches that a user does. This can be taken as an advantage by providing suggestion to the prospective user of the app about the best deals and locations to visit.
- In this age of social media, people cannot do without sharing all the latest experiences with friends and family. It is important that the travel app also allows the user to share all experiences, photos, and reviews online in all social media. This feature will make the app much popular and would be used widely.
- The travel app should allow all bookings pertaining to the travel and stay under one roof. Be it the reservation at a hotel or resort for the stay or reservation for dinner or lunch or a cruise. The app should provide access to all the various aspects of a travel and vacation.
- Compatibility and data security are two features that an app provider should consider at the foremost. The app should be compatible with operating systems that are prevalent in the market now and provide unparalleled security to the data that is saved by the users, especially data pertaining to monetary transactions. Else it would not be much popular amongst the masses.
With the growing travel app market, the ease with which you can plan your travels has increased. This has led to a tremendous increase in the tourism worldwide. In the year 2017, the international tourist arrivals worldwide were 1.32 billion which was an increase of 6.8% as compared to that in 2016. This number is in addition to 1.03 billion in domestic tourism in the year 2017. It is a huge leap from the 2.5 million domestic tourists in 2000 and 7.5 million in international tourist arrivals worldwide. Of these new travelers, about 85% use travels apps to plan out their bookings.
This is a growing industry and is definitely on the rise. With accessibility to the internet and smartphones with awesome features, people are relying more on this portable mode of a fast and reliable method of booking their holidays and travel needs. This is the perfect time to develop your own travel app so that you can make the most of this changing trend.
Get Free Quote Now
Tell us your creative idea or requirement, We shall get back to you very soon.