Method for linking pages that aren’t in a Site Menu in Joomla :
Many times in Joomla you might want to make a link to a page without having to have it in a navigation menu somewhere. Examples might include:
- A Google AdWords landing page
- A special offer in an off-line advert
What you have to do is that in Joomla, a page can not exist unless there is a link in a menu to it somewhere. But, we want in such a way that it should not have the menu in the navigation. Well, here are the steps to do that…
- Make a category for the pages (or they could all be static pages)
- Make a menu to “hold” the links to these pages. I made on called secretmenu. You can put them all on this one
- Make a static item called “The Secret Menu”. It can be blank
- Publish the module that outputs the “secretmenu”.
- Note the link to the “The Secret Menu” page.
- Set the secretmenu module to only show on “The Secret Menu” page
Now, Any time you need a link to pages/categories that don’t have a link from the main menu, just make the link in the “secretmenu”. Then go to that page you noted in 5 above and the link should be there. Just right-click and “copy link location” and you have your URL.
Do You Like This Article? Get It In Your Inbox Daily.
Among the many digital tools that are being used with increasing frequency, the one that has the greatest...
Having a Best Website like opening a door and inviting…
In this internet era, the business website is the most…
The Live chat is the common thing now days, if…
- Artificial Intelligence
- Augmented Reality
- Business Development
- Cloud Server
- Digital Marketing
- Featured Post
- Guru Technolabs
- Mobile App Development
- Real Estate
- Social Media
- Web Development
- Web Scraping
- Website Design
Let's Discuss a Project
Please share your unique idea or project requirement with us, our business concern person will get back to you with further details.