How to Make Links to Pages that aren’t in a Site Menu?
Method for linking pages that aren’t in a Site Menu in Joomla :
Many times in Joomla you might want to make a link to a page without having to have it in a navigation menu somewhere. Examples might include:
- A Google AdWords landing page
- A special offer in an off-line advert
What you have to do is that in Joomla, a page can not exist unless there is a link in a menu to it somewhere. But, we want in such a way that it should not have the menu in the navigation. Well, here are the steps to do that…
- Make a category for the pages (or they could all be static pages)
- Make a menu to “hold” the links to these pages. I made on called secretmenu. You can put them all on this one
- Make a static item called “The Secret Menu”. It can be blank
- Publish the module that outputs the “secretmenu”.
- Note the link to the “The Secret Menu” page.
- Set the secretmenu module to only show on “The Secret Menu” page
Now, Any time you need a link to pages/categories that don’t have a link from the main menu, just make the link in the “secretmenu”. Then go to that page you noted in 5 above and the link should be there. Just right-click and “copy link location” and you have your URL.
Let's Discuss a Project
Please share your unique idea or project requirement with us, our business concern person will get back to you with further details.