How to Hire Flutter App Developers in 2022?
Flutter was initially launched in 2017 by Google. Since then, Flutter has become one of the most popular cross-platform frameworks.
Flutter is the preferred choice of businesses & developers globally due to benefits like a single codebase, quick time to market, and cost-effectiveness. Besides this, Flutter offers many benefits like quick scalability, enhanced performance, etc. Hence, businesses consider Flutter app development for building robust cross-platform apps.
According to Statista, 42% of developers worldwide use Flutter. This indicates the demand for Flutter is increasing year on year.
If you want to hire Flutter app developers, you have reached the right place. We have prepared a detailed guide to hiring Flutter app developers without hindrance. Here we will look at the roles & responsibilities, different hiring models, interview questions, and more.
So, let’s get started.
What are the Roles & Responsibilities of Flutter App Developers?
Here we will look at the roles & then responsibilities of Flutter app developers.
Roles of Flutter App Developers
Flutter was released in 2017 and is relatively new. There are not enough developers with experience in the framework. Hence, companies need to be familiar with the primary roles of Flutter app developers.
Basically, the Flutter app developers can be divided into three categories depending on their experience. These include junior, mid-level, and senior.
Talking about hiring Flutter developers, the majority of engineers would have a minimum of 1 year of experience.
Therefore, it would be great to consider a developer with experience in mobile app development. Based on the experience of developers in native app development, they can get started with the Flutter framework quickly.
Junior Flutter Developers
Experience: 0-1 Years
All the developers starting their career path, have only experience with one language. Besides this, they don’t have much knowledge of development tools.
Therefore, if you consider hiring Flutter app developers with 0-1 year of experience, you should remain calm with them. As these developers would not be familiar with the latest trends running in Flutter, they would take more time in app development. Also, these developers need extra time to understand the logic and architecture of Flutter.
Here, you would have to spend sufficient time & money coaching junior Flutter developers. Therefore, you should think well before hiring junior Flutter app developers.
Mid-level Flutter Developers
Experience: 2- 4 Years
Over time, junior-level developers would become familiar with Flutter and improve their skills in Flutter app development. All developers having 2-4 years of experience are considered mid-level Flutter developers.
Before hiring mid-level Flutter app developers, you should know your budget and the goals of your business.
Besides this, by hiring experienced Flutter developers, you don’t need any monitoring. You can place them in any project, and they can speed up the development process.
Senior Flutter Developers
Experience: 4+ Years
All the developers having more than 4 years of experience in Flutter are considered senior Flutter developers. If you are going to build a cross-platform app with a range of features, you should definitely go with senior Flutter developers.
The main benefit of hiring senior Flutter developers is that they have experience with Flutter and other related tools & technologies. They can manage multiple projects without any hindrance. Also, these developers can train mid-level & junior Flutter developers.
However, the hourly salary of an experienced Flutter app developer would be high. If you have a limited budget, it’s recommended to hire junior or mid-level Flutter developers.
Lastly, you should know project requirements well before hiring senior Flutter developers.
Want to hire expert flutter developers and that too by saving up to 60% cost on development?
Responsibilities of Flutter App Developers
When you have planned to hire Flutter developers for your project, you would certainly like to give them a few responsibilities.
So, it becomes crucial to understand the responsibilities of a Flutter developer or what you can expect from them after hiring.
- Design and develop functional applications using Flutter.
- Writing clean, readable, and understandable code.
- Take an active part in the overall app development life cycle.
- Fixing all bugs, errors, and glitches from the app.
- Exploring & integrating new technologies to enhance the app development process.
- Have in-depth knowledge about emerging app development trends.
Essential Skills to Look While Hiring Flutter App Developers
Developers work in a collective environment and that’s why just evaluating their technical knowledge is not adequate. Besides building apps, developers should have good professional relationships and the ability to communicate with other team members.
Whenever you hire Flutter app developers, you should ensure that they have two skill-sets: hard & soft. So, let’s look at them.
Here are a few hard skills to watch out for while hiring Flutter app developers.
- Prior knowledge of native programming languages like Android (Kotlin) or iOS (Swift) platforms.
- Good knowledge of Dart programming language.
- Understanding of waterfall and agile methodologies for software development.
- Clear concept of the life cycle of software development.
- Knowledge of the Flutter framework and its working.
- Strong knowledge of SQL.
- Understanding of Git.
- Practical experience or working knowledge of GoF patterns.
- A clear idea of various architectural approaches.
- Practical experience in mobile app development like Android & iOS.
Flutter app developers should also have some soft skills as follows.
- Good communication skills for seamless interaction with the team.
- A significant amount of creativity to come up with unique ideas.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Strong problem-solving ability.
- Strong sense of adaptability.
Interview Questions to Ask Flutter Developers
While hiring Flutter app developers, you need to look at both the soft & hard skills. Here, you should not give importance to one set of skills and neglect another.
Questions to Evaluate Flutter Developer’s Hard Skills
Hard skills are really crucial for any job. They are necessary to create simple to complex apps with the help of the Flutter framework. In general, all the hard skills are mentioned in the job description.
Candidates get technical skills through various mediums like job training, online courses, and more.
Here is the list of questions you should ask to check the hard skills of the Flutter developer.
- What is your experience with the Flutter framework?
- Do you have experience with Android or iOS app development?
- Do you have experience using Dart programming language?
- Do you possess any proof of experience?
- Can you please share your portfolio?
- Are your Flutter apps live on the Google play store or Apple app store?
Questions to Evaluate Flutter Developer’s Soft Skills
Here is the list of questions that you should consider to check the soft skills of a Flutter developer:
- What are the crucial things for a good working culture?
- Would to love to work as an individual or with an app development team?
- Think about a time when you faced a challenging problem & your manager wasn’t there. How do you manage the situation?
- Describe a situation where you have to work on a completely new project. How you have managed it? What have you learned from it?
By getting answers to the above questions from the developers, you understand what goes inside the mind of a Flutter developer.
In simple words, you need to evaluate several soft skills of Flutter developers, such as creativity, conflict management, adaptability, communication skills, etc.
Looking for highly-skilled Flutter app experts?
Schedule a call with us. Our Flutter developers understand your business idea & suggest the most reliable solution effortlessly.
Types of Flutter Developers and Where to Hire Them?
If you already have a Flutter app idea and want to hire Flutter app developers, it’s crucial to look at the different types of developers.
There are mainly three ways you can hire Flutter developers. These include hiring a freelancer, building an in-house team, and finding an outsourcing company. All of these hiring options have their own pros and cons. Here, we will look at the same in detail.
Freelancing has become popular worldwide. Hence, you will not face issues in hiring freelance developers.
Hiring freelancers is one of the cost-effective options to get things done. The freelancers charge either based on total hours or the entire project.
Here, working with a freelancer is not a good option if you want to work on a complex project that requires long-term support.
- There are many freelancers worldwide. Hence, you can easily find a freelancer for your project.
- The cost of hiring freelancers is less than other alternatives.
- Pay freelancers based on total hours or fixed price for a particular project.
- You can opt to hire a freelancer for a certain task.
- There is no guarantee that a freelancer will complete your project.
- As freelancers work without any supervision, they tend to miss deadlines.
- It is challenging to coordinate with freelancers in case they live in a different time zone and speak a specific language.
Platforms to hire freelancers
In-House Developers for Hire
Hiring in-house developers is highly time-consuming and expensive.
In this option, there would be constant communication between the entire team. Hence, they would be able to share knowledge with the team.
- It is a great option to hire an in-house team when your app is completed & launched.
- The entire team works wholeheartedly on a single project and delivers the project on time.
- There is a great coordination with the entire team.
- You need to pay various expenses like software, hardware, electricity, and other things.
- Hiring developers consume a lot of time & effort.
- You also have to pay even if you don’t have sufficient work for them.
- In-house developers generally have a higher salary than freelancers or outsourcing companies.
Platforms to Find In-house Developers
Outsourced Developers from Companies
Outsourcing is one of the most preferred options among startups to enterprise-level businesses. By choosing this option, you can hire highly-qualified developers at a cost-effective price and get the desired output.
- Outsourcing companies always look forward to enhancing the skills of employees.
- You don’t need any specialist in case of emergency.
- Outsourcing companies usually deliver the project on time.
- The price of outsourcing relies on the region of the company.
- You can focus on your core business operations.
- The language barrier can happen in the case of several countries. However, you can resolve this by hiring a skilled project manager.
- You might have to schedule calls because of the difference in the time zones.
Platforms to Hire Outsourcing Companies
Want to outsource app development?
We have prepared a detailed guide on choosing an outsourcing company and allocating work to them.
What Are Hourly Rates of Flutter App Developers?
The hourly rates of Flutter app developers are different in the entire world. There are three factors that affect the hourly rate of Flutter developers.
- Hiring Options (freelancers, in-house team, outsourcing companies)
- Qualification (Junior, middle, and senior)
|Region||Freelance Developers||In-House Developers||Outsourced Developers|
|Eastern Europe (Poland, Romania, Hungary, Bulgaria)||$61-80||$25-70||$25-50|
|North America (US, Canada, etc.)||$81-100||$50-70||$99-150|
|South America (Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Columbia, etc.)||$61-80||$35-61||$20-55|
|Australia (South Australia, Western Australia, Queensland)||$81-100||$41-80||$100-180|
|Africa (Morocco, Kenya, Nigeria, Egypt, South Africa)||$61-80||$25-50||$20-50|
|Asia (India, China, Philippines)||$41-80||$18-42||$15-30|
Why Hire Flutter App Developers from Guru TechnoLabs?
Guru TechnoLabs is a professional web and app development company with over a decade of experience. We have delivered more than 590+ projects to clients worldwide.
We have experience using Flutter to develop web and mobile applications that help businesses serve their users well and grow fast in the digital world. That’s why Guru TechnoLabs is also awarded as a top Flutter app development company.
Here are some reasons to hire Guru TechnoLabs for Flutter app development.
- We have a team of professionals with experience building user-friendly and modern Flutter apps.
- Our Flutter app developers keep themselves updated with the technologies, trends, and tools in the market.
- We have flexible engagement models like hourly, part-time, monthly, and fixed costs. Hence, you can hire Flutter developers as per your need.
- Our Flutter app developers utilize the best third-party integrations and tools to deliver a cost-effective solution.
- We even offer maintenance & support services to keep cross-platform apps free from any bugs & errors.
- Our Flutter professionals use the best app development methodologies for on-time project delivery.
Want to create an app using Flutter?
Share your project need with us. We will follow the entire app development cycle starting from ideation to planning to launch.
We have presented you with the best information regarding hiring Flutter app developers worldwide.
If you want to establish a mobile app development company, then hiring an in-house team would be a great option.
If you are already running a business and want to expand your team, then outsourcing would be the best option. With this option, you have the opportunity to hire the best Flutter developers at a cost-effective price and get a high-end application.
If you still have any doubts about hiring Flutter developers, feel free to contact us.
Guru TechnoLabs is a leading Flutter app development company. We have delivered some of the best applications to users worldwide using Flutter. Hence, our professionals can understand your idea and provide you with the most reliable solution based on your business needs.
FAQs on Hiring Flutter App Developers
How much does it cost to hire Flutter developer?
The cost to hire a Flutter developer is $15-30 per hour. Further, the hiring cost varies based on the hiring models, qualifications, and location.
How to choose a company providing Flutter developers for your mobile app development project?
For choosing a company, you should check out their portfolio, client testimonials, review on B2B platforms, and schedule a call. Discuss all the essential things about the project, interview employees, and know their experience.