- Jun -
- 05 -
Step by Step Guidelines to Create an eCommerce Website in WordPress
The WordPress stage initially started as an approach to blog on the web. Throughout the years, it has advanced into “Content Management System” – at the end of the day, a backend programming that can “Power” any kind of site – including an e-commerce site. All things considered, WordPress as an e-commerce platform is certifiably not a solid match for everybody.
Running an online store is an incredible method to sell your items to a vast group of customers. Be that as it may, it can likewise be very much time consuming when you think about the time you spend on fulfilling orders, monitoring your stock, and showcasing your store. So, in that case, WordPress possesses all the necessary qualities that it enables you to make any kind of site and it’s quite simple to use even for the beginners also.
WordPress likewise has a large number of themes accessible for any specialty, which is the reason it’s the essential choice for some eCommerce owners.
In this post, we’ll discuss how to assemble an eCommerce site with WordPress. You’ll find how to pick the correct theme. Additionally, we’ll demonstrate to you proper methodologies to effortlessly get your online hideaway and running. This guide covers precisely how to set up a WordPress e-commerce business.
Getting started: Register a domain, get hosting service
A domain is your web address is all you need first. A hosting is needed to run your site and store every data that is content, pictures, and video. Each site needs hosting, so ensure you get hosting else you would not be able to build your website.
Now here is the step wise guide to do that.
Go to Hosting Provider> Click Get Started Now > Opt for a Plan > Click on Sign up now
You can search online for hosting provider companies, compare their features, prices and support and choose the one which suits you best.
Start typing in a domain you need to enlist and press enter to check whether it is available or not. In the event that you find out that the domain name is available – start moving onto the following steps. If in case the domain is not available, try using it with different names.
Sign into website cPanel
- Draw up your new account email from Hosting.
- Tap on the connection that says “Your Control Panel”
- Sign in with the username and password from your email
And you are done!
Get Started with Installing WordPress
Presently we have to install the platform we will use to make it. This platform is known as WordPress – it’s a content management framework and super known with a large community of clients.
- So now that you’re signed in to your cPanel, scroll down to the Software/Services section of the main page.
- Tap on the icon that says “Quick Install”
- Tap on WordPress on the left side menu
- Click the Continue button.
- Enter an administrator email, site title, username and other necessary details.
- Press “Install now!”
Now, we have WordPress installed! So you can now go to your domain address and see a website is just uploaded to your site.
Now sign in into your WordPress account.
Install a WordPress theme
WordPress has no limitations and a shortage of high-quality themes for different subjects and specialties. While the free themes are quite nice, but they regularly need support from theme creators and aren’t refreshed as frequently as the paid themes or premium themes. Staying up with the latest up to date theme is significant on the off chance that you need to guarantee your site gives the best client experience.
So now it’s an ideal opportunity to install the theme.
- Go to the WordPress site page that is www.yoursite.com/wp-admin, enter your username and password and there comes your Dashboard.
- On the left side, get to the Appearance link – drift over it and click “Themes”.
- At the top, you will find a button saying “Add New” – click on that.
- At that point click the button saying “Upload Theme”.
- Tap the button that says “Choose File” right in the middle
- Go to the folder wherever your theme is saved and pick that document and click upload and “Install Now”.
- You’ll find yourself on another page to another page – click “Activate”.
Fortunately, there are a couple of commercial centres that enable you to download an unlimited number of WordPress themes for a yearly subscription and that though very affordable. That implies you can change the theme on an ongoing basis whenever you like. Once you got a theme you like, just buy it and download the ZIP file to your PC. You can likewise discover a lot of themes for WooCommerce that are frequently refreshed and give you access to a half year of free help from the creator on Theme Forest.
If you want to design your custom theme for your online store then you will need to consult WordPress website development company who will create custom design and integrate it into your WordPress.
Install the Plugins that are required
So now we have to install the popular eCommerce plugin that supports all the web stores. The theme has a lot of pre-packaged plugins so we can install them all at the same time.
When the theme is activated, there you will find a notification in the dashboard with a message that some plugins are required for the theme to function. So here are the steps to install plugins.
- Move to your dashboard > plugins.
- Check the box overall plugins so it chooses everything.
- When it says “Bulk Actions” tap that drops down and clicks Install.
- Tap on Apply.
Now when you are done with everything, click on the ACTIVATE button and then click APPLY.
Time to install WooCommerce pages
Now when you are done with everything, the last step is to introduce WooCommerce to empower eCommerce functionality on your website. So what we need to do now is to click a button so that we have our Default pages like Shop, Cart, and Checkout
- Move to your Dashboard.
- On the left site move over Appearance,> Click on Themes.
- Now you will see a banner that says “Install WooCommerce Pages” and click on that.
- Go to Pages on the left side and click on “All Pages”
- And in the event that you can see pages like Cart, My Account, Checkout… you’re ready!
Add on your own elements
So the major part of WordPress is completed and it’s time to add your own elements which include:
Saving and uploading images and content: You might need to set up your product pictures and description so all you must do is copy and paste them. This will speed up your process.
Add your logo, icons, layout, header, footer, fonts, style, color, categories and a lot more elements of your choice that you will probably need.
You’re Done! Beginning an online store is an energizing and practical plan of action. Since you know how to assemble an eCommerce site with WordPress and topics made particularly in light of WooCommerce, you can run your online store now.
Get Free Quote Now
Tell us your creative idea or requirement, We shall get back to you very soon.