Best LGBT Dating Apps That You’ll Really Love
In the last 10 years, there has been a tsunami of dating apps in the market, the lead bearer of which is Tinder.
People worldwide now rely on many dating apps like Tinder for hookups, long-term relationships, or something else. Moreover, various cultures worldwide have widely accepted dating and jumped into the dating industry.
Out of all, LGBTQ culture is highly evolved globally and is increasing yearly. As soon as our society accepted the rights of the LGBTQ+ community, entrepreneurs flooded the market with a slew of LGBT dating apps to tap the pent-up demand of this niche market.
These LGBT-friendly dating apps have revolutionized online dating for the LGBTQ+ community. These apps help the LGBTQ+ community to find people of similar sexual orientations more easily.
Let us look at some of the latest dating industry statistics:
According to Statista, the revenue of the online dating segment is expected to reach US $3,853m in 2021. Moreover, this revenue will grow at an annual rate of 8.44% per year. It is expected to reach US $5,328m by 2025.
“Also, the number of dating app users is anticipated to reach 489.9m users in 2025.”
If you are impressed by the figures and want to get a piece of this big pie, then you should look at some of the best LGBT dating apps available in the market. Why?
The reason being all of these dating apps have become popular among users. By looking at the features & functionalities of these LGBT dating apps, you will understand well what to offer to users.
We have researched and listed the best LGBT dating apps available on the Android and iOS platforms.
You can download these LGBT apps to check the market scenario. On the contrary, many LGBT users find their most suitable match using these apps.
1. Grindr – Best LGBT Social Networking App
The Grindr dating app was launched in 2009 and It is world’s largest social networking app for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. It has more than 3 million active users spread across over 196 countries.
For gay, bi, trans, and queer guys, this is the go-to app for social networking. The developer of this app has focused their attention on ease of use and finding the right person based on their proximity to users.
You can also find gay friends with the help of its powerful features.
Image Credit: Grindr
It has an interesting grid layout that allows you to go through the profiles of other people.
This app gives you the option to list your HIV status as well as access resources on STDs to raise awareness, and make matchmaking safe for the LGBTQ community.
Top features of Grindr:
- Meet new people based on location.
- Easy customization of your profile.
- Enhanced security features (blocking/unblocking).
- Saved interesting phrases for a quick reply.
- Photo sharing.
- Chat window.
- Filter to find the right match.
2. PlanetRomeo – Best Gay Dating App For LGBTQ Community
PlanetRomeo, also known as Romeo, is a social network for gay, bisexual and transgender people.
PlanetRomeo is one of the most used gay dating apps in the LGBTQ Community. It was launched in 2002 and since then has gained immense popularity and become a best gay community app. Moreover, It provides an exciting interface and top-notch features to the users.
Image Credit: PlanetRomeo
When this app was launched, one of the major USPs was its video calling feature and a sophisticated algorithm that rates the authenticity of profiles based on their social network info.
Top Features of PlanetRomeo:
- Advanced filters to whittle down the list and find the right match.
- Find whether your saved profile is active online.
- Sharing your location to find a great match nearby.
- Exchange pictures.
- Browse profiles with detailed descriptions.
3. Scruff – Most Used Gay Dating App
The list of the best LGBT dating apps is incomplete without considering Scruff. It has more than millions of users spread across the world.
LGBT people use it to not only find someone with a similar sexual orientation for establishing a relationship but also to find out about exclusive LGBT events that’s why It is best gay community app. Scruff is also considerd as one of the best gay hookup apps.
Image Credit: Scruff
It has a ‘Scruff Match’ feature that allows single gay men looking for a match to find other single Gay men from their immense database that’s why it is considerd as one of the best gay guys apps.
This app is also considered as the best hookup dating app for the LGBTQ community.
Top Features of Scruff:
- Highly personalized and interactive that allows you to add stories to your profile.
- It offers exclusive information about the latest gay parades, events, and parties organized around the world.
- Help you to find a gay travel companion.
- Live streaming.
- In-app game wherein users can win cash prizes.
- Easy registration.
4. ZOE – Best Lesbian Dating App in LGBTQ+ Community
“Zoe is the world’s Best Ranked Dating App for Queer Women.”
Zoe app focuses on Lesbian matchmaking using preferences given by the users, along with their mutual interests in finding the perfect match.
Image Credit: Zoe
As soon as you get a match, then you can share your pictures, videos & chat in real-time.
It also gives you special visibility privileges that you can customize.
Top Features of the Zoe:
- Sharing pictures and videos.
- Private uploading of pictures.
- Online chat.
5. Her – Dating App for LGBTQ+ Women & Queer Folks
Her is one of the top LGBT dating apps for Lesbians and Queers who are looking for a fruitful relationship. It has more than 4 million active users spread throughout the world.
Image Credit: Her
In order to unite people of the LGBTQ community, this app regularly organizes parties and social events in more than 15 countries.
Top Features of Her:
- It is for Queer and Lesbians only and does not allow cisgender to join.
- It informs about any exclusive Queer social events to its users.
- Verified account and easy registration.
- Relationship mode settings.
6. Taimi – LGBTQ+ App: Dating, Chat & Social Network
The Tiami dating app helps in creating a meaningful environment, wherein the LGBTQ community can connect with like-minded people. This app has more than 40 million active users.
The users of this app can share videos, messaging, post stories within their groups.
Image Credit: Taimi
It is a highly secure app and uses several advanced security features like face recognition, fingerprint, and one-time-pin for the safety of the users’ data.
Top Features of Taimi: Best Dating App for LGBTQI+ people
- Advanced search filters find the right match.
- Multiple interest groups.
- Real-time chatting.
- Verified profiles.
- Find who liked your profile.
- You can monitor your social statistics.
7. Hornet – Best Dating App for Guys
Hornet is one of the best gay dating apps for the LGBTQ community.
It has a massive user base of more than 30 million worldwide, which gives the Gay community a vast trove of options from which they can choose the best match for themself.
Most of the guys are using this app for hookup so you can considerd as the top gay hookup apps.
Image Credit: Hornet
It allows you to customize your profile by giving information about your life preferences and interests so that you can meet the right match who shares your wavelength.
Top Features of Hornet: Best Gay Social Network App
- Follow other users online.
- Find other users based on hashtags.
- Get the latest news about LGBTQ community events and news.
- Use filters to find the right match.
8. Blued – Popular Gay Social Networking Dating App
Blued is one of the most popular gay dating apps in the market with over 54 million users worldwide. The app works as a social network and allows you to like, share, comment, make new friends, and grow your LGBTQ+ network.
Image Credit: Blued
Besides this, the app enables you to start a broadcast and share your feelings safely with the community. The app is well-known because it allows users to do voice & video calling without any border limits. It is also considerd as the best gay video apps for android and iOS platforms.
Top Features of Blued: Best Gay Dating App
- One-to-one video calling with anyone.
- In-app chatting with like-minded people.
- Create photo albums, send videos, and disappear messages.
- Start broadcasting and earn a bonus.
9. FEM – Best Lesbian Dating app
FEM is one of the leading lesbian dating apps available for Android and iPhone. As compared to other dating apps in the market, the app has a special feature known as live chat rooms, where lesbians and bisexuals can find new friends, date, and also find their love.
Image Credit: FEM
As soon as you sign up, the app enables you to view video clips and photos of people across the globe. Besides this, the app allows you to chat with anyone, whether local or global.
Top Features of FEM: Best Dating App for Lesbians and Bisexuals
- Allows users to upload videos and photos.
- Check videos of people nearby.
- Send text, photos, and videos to interact with your matches.
- Public group chatting.
At GuruTechnoLabs, we develop Android and iOS apps utilizing modern technologies and tools such as Artificial Intelligence, AR/VR, Machine Learning, etc. We have acquired 8+ years of experience in developing apps for multiple verticals, including dating apps for customers across the globe.
If you have come across an excellent LGBT dating app idea that you want to convert to an app, don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
As a leading dating app development company, we have a talented team of app developers. Our team will brainstorm on your idea and develop the best dating app of your dreams that can help you fulfill your business goals.
We have lately developed Abha Social App for a client in the USA. The app consists of features, such as advanced search filters, real-time chat, instant push notifications, and many more.